When your toilet isn’t working properly, you should give us a call. However, one of the easiest and most common bathroom plumbing issues is the ever-annoying running toilet. Don’t worry though; it’s a relatively easy fix, and here’s how to do it.
- Turn off the water supply.
- Lift up the float cup and hold it there. Do not let it drop.
- While still holding the float cup, unlock the valve cap by turning it counter clockwise.
- Inspect it for debris or damage.
- Hold a cup over the top of the valve and turn the water on full force. This will clear out any debris that happens to be in there
- Replace the valve cap, and lock it into place.
- If there wasn’t any debris, then the problem may be with your seal.
- The seal should be replaced if it is not working or too old (a few years)
While a running toilet is a fairly common issue with an easy fix, sometimes it is best to leave the toughest fixes for the pros. Priority Plumbing provides high-quality plumbing services including toilet repair. We get things fixed right every time, and are dedicated to your satisfaction with courtesy and professionalism. Contact us to find out more about top-notch plumbing services in the Toronto area.